Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tele Vue 3x Barlow

great_bear

Can anyone confirm if the lens unit connects to the main body via a standard filter thread connection please?

i.e. could you screw the lens unit directly onto an eyepiece?

(not that I am suggesting that's a good idea, because it probably isn't)

Not sure if it does (although I think it would), but it is a well used idea for many Barlows.  I often take off the front element of my 2" ED 2x and stick it on the front of a 2" EP, gives about 1&1/2 times, needed with certain EPs when the in-focus not enough with the full Barlow.

Just checked mine and the diameter of the thread is too large to fit in the end of an eyepiece.

Shame, as I may well be finding that I want a 1.5x-ish barlow in the near future.

James

I have an old Vixen GA-4 guider (it's an illuminated diagonal which will accept any 1-/4" eyepiece) and it comes with a x2 barlow extension. This extension does screw onto any eyepiece and is quite useful in that respect. I use the GA-4 every night for polar aligning the scope and would never part with it.

ChrisH

Yes the 3 x TV barlow is a bit of a pain in this regard, although the views through it are very good. I tried removing the chrome extension piece and screwing the barlow element directly into the body and this does not work either.  :rolleyes:

Archived