Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

VX tracking after alignment

Kirscovitch

I have had my new VX mount out twice so far and have a question about the tracking. After 2 star alignment and adding a couple of calibration stars, I can slew to an object and it is always in the EP. (or on the screen when using BYEOS.) With my SLT mount after I slew to an object I can use the hand controller to adjust it so it is in the center of the EP and it tracks pretty well while keeping it centered. 

But now with the new VX mount after slewing to an object it will be pretty close to the center but when I try to center it exactly (especially with BYEOS to get a good composed image) after adjusting the object to the center It quickly drifts back to the initial spot and then continues to track just off center.

This hasn't been a major issue but when imaging I would like the object of interest to be as close to the center as possible. 

It is not a gradual thing. As soon as I stop slewing manually it visually and quickly goes back to where it was. There must be some way to "fix" my corrections?

Have you ensured that you always complete alignment with the right and up arrows? I'm sure you do but that's all I could think of.

Peter

Yep. That has been a big part of my recent alignment process.

Has it got a "Sync to target" option in the hand box ? so you can tell it where the oblect is rather than where it thinks it is.

Dave

Not that I am aware of. Next time the snow stops I will check that out. 

I was thinking that there would be something that would let me center an object and tell the goto that that is what I am really looking at.

Not that I am aware of. Next time the snow stops I will check that out. 

I was thinking that there would be something that would let me center an object and tell the goto that that is what I am really looking at.

The Meade has this option so I should think  Celestron would.

Dave

Archived