Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cap for CPC1100 large back

I am looking for a rubber or plastic cap that will fit over the large thread on the back of my CPC1100. The adapter and rubber cap that come with the scope have been removed so that I can fit a Crayford focuser but I have to take the focuser off to store the scope so need to cover the hole to avoid dust (or worse) falling in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have a 2" visual back on mine and use a 2" eyepiece cap to cover it. Same thing if I use the 1.25" visual back - just pop a 1.25" eyepiece cap. You can usually find a focuser cap of the right size will do the job too. :)

Not a silly question at all - I didn't explain fully. I have a desiccant cap that loosely fits in the hole and sits slightly proud of the top of the thread so I need something to go over the top of that to fully seal the hole from dust and to hold the desiccant cap in place.

A cap from the site linked to above might do the trick.

Thanks for the replies.

You could always try these guys: http://www.componentforce.co.uk/ Just find the size nearest to yours and 'request a sample'. Only thing is, you have to sign up. I signed up and requested a sample '123mm vinyl cap' for my ETX105.

This worked a treat!

I ordered a sample of the "CD848 Round Cap 84mm x 50mm Black" - it arrived in 24 hours. I've trimmed it down to the right depth and it fits like a glove :smile:

Archived