Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 405 ( the flaming star nebula ), 11/03/4, OSC

lensman57

Hi,

This was taken on the 11th, the day after I did the first try with a QHY8. This time I used the same scope but with an Atik 428EXc and an Idas D1. I had a lot of trouble trying to lift the nebula from a noisy background due to the proximity of the Moon but this is the end result and I can't do anymore with PI knowing what I know at the moment. Ascension 80mm Apo Triplet @ F4.8, Televue TRF 2008, IDAS D1 on HEQ5 Pro. 7 X 1200s with Bias and Fats but no Darks. and Processed mainly in PI and then in PS.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-79982000-1394928914_thumb.p

That very nice AG - well done.  How do you get that electric pink?

Thank you all for the kind words.

I Just mixed  a bit of blue with the nebula mask on and then used selective saturation very sparingly. The difficult bit is setting a mask to protect the stars as much as possible but leave enough room to make adjustments.

A.G

Thank you all for the kind words.

I Just mixed  a bit of blue with the nebula mask on and then used selective saturation very sparingly. The difficult bit is setting a mask to protect the stars as much as possible but leave enough room to make adjustments.

A.G

Interesting - thanks!

Archived