Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planetary stacking software

Hamid

Is there any alternatives to RegiStax?  I tried it many times and all versions, it always always never works for me and throws errors or just hangs.

What open source / free alternatives to registax are there? 

Does Photosop attempt auto align layers work on planets / lunar / solar ?

Autostackert 2 aka AS!2 

its a very sweet program, aligns and stacks for you, just import the AS!2 image you saved into

registax and bypass all the other stuff straight to messing with the wavelets, ( less work/memory strain from registax hogging memory/cores)

Autostackert 2 aka AS!2 

its a very sweet program, aligns and stacks for you, just import the AS!2 image you saved into

registax and bypass all the other stuff straight to messing with the wavelets, ( less work/memory strain from registax hogging memory/cores)

Nice, thanks.

Does this do Deep space too?  How does it compare with DSS? I can get DSS to work most of the time nicely.

What camera are you using? As far as I know, some folks have trouble with DSLR-sized frames with AutoStakkert. There is also AVIStack, which I find pretty dependable for stacking, though it does have a bunch of fancy looking options that are a a bit of a mystery to me. Not sure how that one is for DSLR images, but it works a treat with my video camera.

+1 for Registax6 wavelets.

What camera are you using? As far as I know, some folks have trouble with DSLR-sized frames with AutoStakkert. There is also AVIStack, which I find pretty dependable for stacking, though it does have a bunch of fancy looking options that are a a bit of a mystery to me. Not sure how that one is for DSLR images, but it works a treat with my video camera.

+1 for Registax6 wavelets.

Yes Im using a DSLR, I dont use Video.

Ah, I think Steve says in this thread that it's limited to 2400 x 2400 pixels:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/208057-12214-white-light-registax6-success/

So for planets I guess that's no problem if as above you run through PIPP first and get it to centre and crop the planet, my Jupiter attempts are certainly nowhere near planet size of 2400 pixels :)

For lunar/solar where the detail is over 2400 pixels, I guess you might have to downsize the image before using AS, which again I think you can do in PIPP. If you are doing full disc and the disc is below 2400 pixels, you could again centre and crop using PIPP.

Yes Im using a DSLR, I dont use Video.

Archived