NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY8, leo triplet test

lensman57

Hi,

I did this  ( heavily cropped ) image tonight to see how the newly aquired old QHY8 camera performs, it was done in full glow of the Moon so it is not at its best and I have processed it rather quickly  in PI, Ascension 80mm Apo @F6, and a Baader UHC-S L Booster filter were used.  I had a go at IC 405 before this so that is why I left the Baader on. 11X1200s subs with 51 Bias and 51 Flats, I don't know what temp the camera was at I just set the controller to 200 mark. HEQ5 pro and PHD guiding. I will have another go with better masks and noise reduction once I get my head round it.

Any advice is welcome as this was my first crack at this target.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-79443000-1394514016_thumb.p

• 2 months later...

Good effort, just bought one of these of Mike Hawtin, saves me hacking a DSLR up to cool it.

1200 seconds and not over saturated, looks great!

Thanks Guy,

I have not had the opportunity to do much with this camera recently but I really like the quirky nature of it. It seems to perform well without too much fuss and the fan is almost silent comapred to my 428EXC that sounds like a Porsche on a bad trip. I too got it used from one of the members as I can't  be bothered with the DSLR  in the warm summer nights. I use NEB3 for the capture and it seems to work well with the camera.

Regards,

A.G

The noise and the gradients are better controlled in the re-process, good colouring too.  Looking great.

Barry

Many Thanks Barry, I don't think that I did any meaningful noise reduction in the original post.

Regards,

A.G

Hi AG

The produced image is a testament to a good camera, imager & image processor  :smiley:

I picked up a QHY8 Pro second hand and cannot fault it. It has not let me down in the two years I've had it.

Yep, my Atik 460exm sounds like a Harrier Jump Jet prior to take off  :grin:

Steve

Hi AG

The produced image is a testament to a good camera, imager & image processor  :smiley:

I picked up a QHY8 Pro second hand and cannot fault it. It has not let me down in the two years I've had it.

Yep, my Atik 460exm sounds like a Harrier Jump Jet prior to take off  :grin:

Steve

Thanks Steve, you are too kind Sir. Atik is a great camera and it certainly keeps reminding you that it is working, I think the noisy fan is part the plot.

Regards,

A.G

Archived