Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Modded Direct DSLR connectors for 2" filters ?

Vega

Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere that supplies modded skywatcher direct DSLR connecting adaptors that can hold 2" filters? (It has to be the adaptor's that can hold a DSLR close enough to achieve focus on a Newt). I already have one of these that I used with my frac. but dont really fancy attempting to cut it down to achieve focus with a Newt.I also have the direct SLR connector that comes with the newt but it's not threaded for 2" filters :?

Cheers

Matt

Well UG, that's the thing in Matt's link, so he's got one. The problem is it won't fit with the SW Newts. I chopped the end (the filter thread bit) and forced it up the back of the SW adapter which works quite well. Other than that, you can screw the eyepiece tube on from the back of the adapter and fit the 1.25" filter to an eyepiece barrel (minus actual eyepiece) then install that in the eyepiece tube before installing the adapter.

For 2" filters, I think my way, or a specially made bit is the only way to go unless you want to start moving the mirror.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Thanks for the replies all.

KK, I heard about using the barrel on the reverse of the adaptor for 1.25" but I'm worried about parts of the image being obscured by the smaller diameter :? I could be cutting metal DIY style soon :D

Phil, thanks for the website link they look neat & snazzy, shame there isn't a Neodynium LP filter in there.

I have a lot to think about.....

Matt

Archived