NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

5/3/14 White Light

JB80

Well the air currents forced my hand on shooting from indoors to escape the wind, shame that really but even with all the wind it was much better today. Got a stack of 20 in the end.

post-8383-0-20991400-1394023481_thumb.jp

post-8383-0-87678300-1394023486_thumb.jp

Nice shot, Jarrod.  :smiley:  I must admit, I quite like imaging from indoors. Though I'm really looking forward to hopefully some beautiful mornings out in the sunshine in Summer, grabbing some rays before work :cool:

Thank all. :)

Shot sir ... :laugh:

And there was me thinking it was all sunny and steady down there ... still I bet the wind was a sight warmer than the biting breeze here this morning ...  :p

I think Alicante is one of the windiest regions on the Costas. I guess it's slightly warmer here though. To me it's cold if it's under 20°C, which it is. I can't wait for the warm weather to return and the pool to warm up. :D 

Nice shot, Jarrod.  :smiley:  I must admit, I quite like imaging from indoors. Though I'm really looking forward to hopefully some beautiful mornings out in the sunshine in Summer, grabbing some rays before work :cool:

Cheers, I thought it was a great idea but clearly the air currents escaping had too much of an effect. Even with the scope bouncing so much the disc was sometimes off the screen the end result was better so looks like I should give up on indoors imaging. 

Hopefully you can get a good summer this year now that I have left the region, the last few years summers in Belgium were as horrible as the UKs.

Bloomin' lovely - I HAVE to get some Baader film now Ive got a half-decent refractor....

Definitely do so, it's a great investment.

But do take note there are two types, ND5.0 for visual use and ND3.8 for photo use, it is clearly stated but you should never use the ND3.8 to look through visually.

I have both because I love looking at the sun just as much. :)

Thank all. :)

I think Alicante is one of the windiest regions on the Costas. I guess it's slightly warmer here though. To me it's cold if it's under 20°C, which it is. I can't wait for the warm weather to return and the pool to warm up. :D

Cheers, I thought it was a great idea but clearly the air currents escaping had too much of an effect. Even with the scope bouncing so much the disc was sometimes off the screen the end result was better so looks like I should give up on indoors imaging.

Hopefully you can get a good summer this year now that I have left the region, the last few years summers in Belgium were as horrible as the UKs.

Definitely do so, it's a great investment.

But do take note there are two types, ND5.0 for visual use and ND3.8 for photo use, it is clearly stated but you should never use the ND3.8 to look through visually.

I have both because I love looking at the sun just as much. :)

Looking forward to it.

Pool! I hope you image over it and put it to good use, it would be an excellent place for solar viewing to steady the seeing. I have even seen people imaging from in their pool :)

Great shots :)

Alexandra

Imaging from a pool?  Perhaps with one of those inflatable armchairs, a glass of vino in one hand and a gyro stabilised solar telescope in the other?  Or, maybe not.  Get your image from terra firma, process, publish then hit the pool (& vino or Cevezza).

Nice daily image Jarrod, keep them coming for us north that don't get the chance.

Robin

Well the neighbours already think I'm strange so it'd go a long way to weirding them out some more which is a plus. But I might try it over the pool one day, automate everything then lie back in a pool cozy with a drink and call it imaging. :D

Archived