Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2237 Rosette Nebula bicolour narrowband

x6gas

I've had virtually zero imaging time so far this year - very frustrating - so I am back with my Rosette Nebula data from the end of last year.

This is bicolour using narrowband data; 15 x 1200s each of Ha and [OIII].  I've gone for a Sara Wageresque vibrant colour scheme though I haven't managed to recreate the deep indigo that Sara gets...  Quite like it though...

Scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Mount: CGEM DX

Camera: Atik 460ex

Guiding: IMG0H, Atik OAG, PHD

post-11821-0-86640700-1393769248_thumb.p

@ cfpendock - Thanks Chris!

@ sologuitarist61 - No need to apologise Richard - this is a departure from my usual style.  There is something that I like about the fiery yellow / orange though; looks like an explosion...

@ swag72 - Thanks Sara - can't match your results but I think it's good for me to try something new.

@ Martin-Devon - Yes it certainly is a departure for me Martin!  Actually, the intention is to use this data to practice bringing RGB stars into my narrowband images.  I've never had much joy with that in the past but there are some suggestions in The Deep Sky Imaging Primer that I'm looking forward to giving a try.  Of course what I'd really like are some clear skies but those have been rarer than hen's teeth here since the turn of the year.

Archived