Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A rough horsehead and flame jan 27th

shifter

Considering the clarity of the sky last night I'm more than a little disappointed with what I managed to image (I blaming the moon), anyway here's the first of the two objects earmarked for imaging last night, ic434 the horsehead neb, only got 3 subs of this before it disappeared behind a house.

Object ic434 Horsehead Nebula

Subs 3x600sec @ iso 400

Image scope LXD55 SN10 on an EQ-6 Pro

Guide scope ED80-Pro and QHY5 cam

Camera Canon 350d + Neodymium LP filter

Stacked with Maxim dl

Proc with PS CS2 and Noel's actions

3357_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

You must have been looking at a different sky to me?

Although there were plenty of stars to be seen, the 'seeing' was actually quite bad, and not helped by a high level haze.

So, if you were imaging under the same sky as me, then I'd say you did well to capture what you did.

Well done I'd say.

Dave

Another fine effort Brian. It is plain to see what you've got here for half an hours worth of exposure, so I would say it's time very well spent.

Moonlight would not have helped your cause, so all in all a good result.

Ron. :D

You done well there Brain , the sky is bad , well here in Essex at my location , it appears to be ok and in the early days i would be out there imaging , but no more , if it aint crystal ,i dont bother any more , but you done really well with that image .

Rog

Archived