Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange markings on images

It is normal and it may only appear on the odd sub, i had a similar problem and found if i only stacked half my subs it didnt show anything same if i did the second half but using the sigma clipping fixed it.

There is a method of remaping the sensor to remove hot pixels it involves runing the camera manual sensor clean routine, during this the camera disconects the sensor electricaly to prevent any static damage you wait 30 seconds then turn the camera off this remaps the sensor when next turned on.

There are a few topics on google this is one http://www.bluehoursite.com/articles/how-get-rid-stuckdead-pixels-canon-dslr-camera

Alan

yeah, it's just hot or cold pixels, appearing in slightly different places in each off your subs, perfectly normal.

check your stacking routine used - a median stack will remove all those outliers but be quite noisy, an average stack will show them all, so not ideal either, but you should be able to use something like a sigma clip, which rejects outlier pixels and averages the remainder, then they will magically disappear

Archived