Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using Live View on eos550.

Hi folks,

I was wondering why my pics were overexposed when the live view preview was fine. I have just discovered that although the live view bears no relation to the image captured, the exposure level indicator works correct. So I have in effect to choose to overexpose it to see the image well enough to focus, then adjust shutter speed to get the exposure correct, by which time the screen is black!

I have tried brightening the LCD display but there is nowhere near enough adjustment.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? Tim. 

I use one similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMF-AF-Confirm-T2-lens-to-Canon-EOS-EF-adapter-300D-7D-/370371749691?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item563be0673b#ht_4347wt_1023 It allows the F ratio to be dialed in and gives focus conformation useful for daytime use with a scope when birding but works on the moon etc you can get the m42 version too for all the old manual lenses.

Some of these are fixed at F1.4 some are programable, you would need to search for your camera model and you can buy the chip on its own too with fitting instructions and template.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks, so to clear, if I got one of these, I could enter the F value of the scope and the focus length and that would help get an accurate picture in live view? How can it give focus confirmation cos I a have a manual focuser on my 150pds?

Tim. 

It uses the Canon focus hardware to detect when in focus what happens is as you adjust the scope it will beep and flash red in the viewfinder when focus is achieved works on the moon stars are a bit iffy.

Alan

Archived