NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anybody using Farpoint Collimator

Astroshed said its a great piece of kit but could you pick up a howie glatter up for the same price somewhere then you know you got a good laser.

Howie Glatter is the not same price, it's more expensive. Unless I was looking at something else ;)

I thought about one once but was put off by this thread (searching the forums by the way is a good way to get background information)

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/170779-farpoint-auto-collimator/

I use my £15 cheshire.

The thing is, Shane, I was going to get a Cheshire as well then I discovered my laser collimator wasn't spot on..fiddling with it trying to center made it worse. So now I need a Cheshire and a reliable laser collimator... ;) Reading thread..

I shine my dim torch into the face of the cheshire. simples. if you have more time chechk the secondary too, if less then just the primary - broadly the accuracy of the secondary matters much less than the primary. the primary is also much more likely to move and require adjustment. once done it should need very little adjustment on n ongoing basis.

Howie Glatter is the not same price, it's more expensive. Unless I was looking at something else

Howie Glatter are more expensive i just thought if you had a google round you may find one about the same price. As Moonshane has said if you go down the Cheshire root thats all you need and once you have collimated your secondary unless you really bang your OTA it wont need adjusting again, you will just need tweak your primary which takes 2mins in the dark like he said point your red torch at the reflective surface and you can tweak it from there.

Archived