SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD to PHD2 settings?

Gasman

Hi

I`ve got PHD working great at the moment after much tweaking. I`ve been recommended to try PHD2  but i`m not having much success with it and the settings are labelled differently to PHD.

These are my PHD settings which are working fine with my Lodestar and EQ6

post-15973-0-29881800-1393108304.jpg

How do I convert these to the relevant ones in PHD2 please?

Thanks

Steve

All the parameters can be found under the brain icon,however you will notice a number of tabs at the top for general,camera,mount etc.I think most if not all the parameters for phd1 are found under one of these tabs in phd2.

i had phd and phd2 running side by side on the same machine/guidescope  the other night. i don't know if it's something orion have done in their twiddling with phd 0.11.3 that comes with the starshoot autoguider, but phd2 at exactly the same settings as phd v0.11.3 was noticably darker with less stars available for guiding. pointing to capella, output was definitely dimmer in phd2.

inasmuch as the orion supplied version of phd is an older version, i'm going to stick with it.

Sorry chaps, my bad! I don`t think I explained correctly. I know where the variables are in PHD2 but a couple of variables in PHD are not shown in PHD2 such as  `time lapse` , `Dec slope weight` and `star mass tolerance` which don`t seem to have an equivalent in PHD2 unless they are no longer needed?

cheers

Steve

Sorry chaps, my bad! I don`t think I explained correctly. I know where the variables are in PHD2 but a couple of variables in PHD are not shown in PHD2 such as  `time lapse` , `Dec slope weight` and `star mass tolerance` which don`t seem to have an equivalent in PHD2 unless they are no longer needed?

cheers

Steve

Time lapse is under the global tab,star mass tolerance is found under the guiding tab as for dec slope weight I am not sure if that is still available

Archived