Hello from the states

Dolito

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Dolito. On the outskirts of Chicago you must have some wonderful skies. My wife and I have a friend there and we used to visit her, normally in mid-winter. Don`t ask me why. One morning I went out for a walk alone in the countryside. The snow was about 5 feet deep and the path was narrow. There was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was blazing down. It was freezing - but not as bad as here as your cold is very dry. There was a silence as I walked. Suddenly I heard a crackling noise. I heard it again and looked round - nothing there. The crackling continued in between gaps of silence. It was starting to get on my nerves. I then solved the problem. The noise was coming from the hairs in my nose! They were frozen and each time I twitched my nose the hairs cracked. Now that is cold! Let that be a lesson to you. Just make sure that you don`t freeze to your scope. Oh I nearly forgot - a warm welcome to you.

Dave

Archived