Revelation 50mm Widefield 2"

sbooder

Hi All,

I am looking for a nice low powered 2" to go with my 6" f8 frac and wondered if anyone has this EP  and if so how does it perform?  Also I have discovered that 63mm is the lowest usable EP for my scope but I am not sure how practical this would be.  I would like to know if anyone else with a 6" F8 frac finds the lowest usable power.

Thanks.

I have discovered that 63mm is the lowest usable EP for my scope but I am not sure how practical this would be. 

Thanks.

Hi, the longest fl Eyepiece is a 2" 55mm, I have a Meade s 4000 and the Televue 55mm 2" plossl. I thought the Meade was OK and still have it but the TV is nicer.  :smiley:

I've used the 42mm and 50mm in this range. As Russ says, quite good at F/10 but the field edge gets ragged pretty quickly as the scopes get faster. Would be OK as a "finder" eyepiece in your F/8 I reckon.

Really low power does not always equate with seeing the most sky  :wink:

An eyepiece i did try (but didn't own) was the William Optics SWAN 40mm. It has a 72deg apparent field, equating to a true field of 2.4deg. Almost the same field the 50-56mm eyepieces offer but at a much nicer 30x. And even though it was still not a good eyepiece for the 12" dob, it was still an obviously better corrected eyepiece compared to the Revelation and should be good in the F8 Bresser.

Not cheap though.......

Archived