NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Batch processing wavelets in registax

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to batch process the wavelets only on a selection of TIF images from Autostakkert in Registax?

I have saved a scheme and I can add the processing into the macro screen but then it only lets me load move files into the bulk processing list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by DeepThought

I assume you want to apply the same wavelets to a series of TIFF's? - then the easiest way is to "save scheme" after setting the wavelets of your first TIFF.  Open the next TIFF and "load scheme" - this will load your saved wavelet scheme for your second image.  Continue with this process for each of your images.  Whilst not strictly batch processing this will speed up your processing somewhat.  Once you have "loaded scheme" for each image you will most likely want to add a final "tweak" to get the best out of each final image - wavelets seldom transfer between images and this manual final adjustment is usually needed.

I now prefer to use Registax 6 for wavelet adjustments on images stacked in Autostakkert.

A hint that I picked up from a video on the web (sorry - I can't remember the source!) is to first move slider 6 and then put the "denoise" for slider 6 up to around 0.1 to 0.15.  Then move slider 2 and its denoiser to 0.35 or 0.4.  Then slider/ denoiser 5 (denoise 0.1) followed by 3 and then 4 (again denoise around 0.1).  Don't actually touch slider 1 at all.  The sliders can often be moved almost all the way to the right for 6 and 2, a little less for 5 and 3 and slider 4 a touch less again - they end up in a "v" formation.  Seems to work quite well.  Occasionally I do use slider 1 if the image is really crisp and I think it will take the "extra bit" of sharpening that slider 1 gives.

Thanks for the response, that is what I have been doing but it gets a little repetitive with a 50 image moon mosaic to work on.

That's an interesting idea with the wavelets and I'll have to give it a go. I'm not sure what the best settings are for close ups of the moon though, I just tend to play until it looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

After setting up the Macro using the desired wavelet settings go to add files.  It won't show image files only video type files.  To overcome that just go to the folder with your tifs and enter *.* in the file name and you will see your tif images.  Highlight all of the tifs and click OPEN.  Now the batch will run against all of your images.  Make sure you select a different file format for the wavelet save otherwise it will overwrite the original tifs.

Ben Loyola

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2014 at 19:16, DeepThought said:

Thanks for the response, that is what I have been doing but it gets a little repetitive with a 50 image moon mosaic to work on.

That's an interesting idea with the wavelets and I'll have to give it a go. I'm not sure what the best settings are for close ups of the moon though, I just tend to play until it looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be easier if you stich all images to make the mosaic and then process it?  I did this way with a small mosaic I tried, mine was only about 5 or 6 panels. 

• 1 year later...
On 26/05/2019 at 19:40, Ben Loyola said:

After setting up the Macro using the desired wavelet settings go to add files.  It won't show image files only video type files.  To overcome that just go to the folder with your tifs and enter *.* in the file name and you will see your tif images.  Highlight all of the tifs and click OPEN.  Now the batch will run against all of your images.  Make sure you select a different file format for the wavelet save otherwise it will overwrite the original tifs.

Ben Loyola

THANK YOU.. IT WORKS.... this has saved me a lot of time doing this tedious job manually....