Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC 925 - 12v Cable Problem

The supplied cable with the cigarette end and screw in end that attaches to the main base, won't actually screw on. It's not mismatched threads, the threads don't actually meet enough to screw together. Slewing makes the contact very loose, losing power - and alignment.

There is a thin sunken nut holding the female socket into the base, I was hoping there was a way of getting this whole socket raised by a mm or two to get some thread purchase.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Dean

i had the same problem with my cpc 9.25 before i upgraded to what i have now, in the end i cut the plug socket of, and used a alterative type. if you take the o/e plug apart you will see the +/- touching thats why your mount goes all over the place. if you ignore the optics heaters you will see my solution

DSC_0501.jpg

Dont panic - It is not supposed to screw on ...

I remember phoning Martin @FLO with the exact same question...

Celestron send a "generic" lead that fits various scopes some accept the screw thread and some dont - including CPC

I have had CPC800 & CPC1100 and this has been the case with both of them.

Alan

Thanks Alan, useful to know, but if it slightly wiggles, the power flickers, which resets the alignment(!)

I can see a spring ball inside, wondered of there was a way of tightening the slack. Nothing worse than a loose female socket.

Dean

Ah yes, the internal pin. I'll give that a go. Many thanks. Else it'll be time to get the screwdrivers out :-)

Dean

Faulksy, care confirming your attachments on the back of your CPC?

Baader Steeltrack (does it need a Visual back too?)

Baader 2" Click Diag

Baader 2" SCT

...?

Ah yes, the internal pin. I'll give that a go. Many thanks. Else it'll be time to get the screwdrivers out :-)

Dean

Faulksy, care confirming your attachments on the back of your CPC?

Baader Steeltrack (does it need a Visual back too?)

Baader 2" Click Diag

Baader 2" SCT

...?

i got the wrong end of the stick there, i thought you ment the other end of the lead, which could still be your problem ?. the end your on about i used a small blade screw driver and flared the ends, had a good tight fit after, steel track is right and baader clicklock brilliant comb.

Archived