Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron standard plossl

DRT

I have just purchased a new Celestron scope that came with a Celestron 40mm Plossl. It is very similar in appearance to the 40mm Celestron Omini but is black with orange text. I cannot find this style for sale anywhere so have no idea what its spec is or how much it is worth.

Does anyone know what these are?

I believe they aren't sold separately. It may be from the same range as the Plossls in the Celestron eyepiece kit, which are "lower grade" than the Omni Plossls (though I don't know if any difference in the view has been demonstrated).

I believe they aren't sold separately. It may be from the same range as the Plossls in the Celestron eyepiece kit, which are "lower grade" than the Omni Plossls (though I don't know if any difference in the view has been demonstrated).

When the sky clears I will report back :wink:

The 'orange' plossl' are not sold separately. I had a 24mm supplied with my SE6. It proved to be a good ep and one I use with other scopes. Better than the Celestron Kit ep's IMO.

I have had a look in my copy of 'Choosing & Using Astronomical Eyepieces' but they do no get a mention in there as to their full specs.

I got this reply from Celestron customer support…

Hello Derek,

Thank you for contacting Celestron Technical Services. That eyepiece is identical to our current version of the 40mm plossl item number 93325. It has a field of view of 43° and an eye relief of 32mm. I hope this helps.

http://www.celestron.com/astronomy/celestron-omni-series-1-25-in-40mm.html

Best regards,

Christopher

Celestron Technical Services Representative

The item linked to is the Omni Plossl, which means I now have two :rolleyes:

Archived