Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings!

Myopicus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL and great scope choice!

I here a lot of people talking about the Telrad finder scope and im considering one myself as i fine the one that comes with the 200p is far too powerful and is like a mini scope in itself!

I find it hard to find things in the finder scope lol!

Welcome Myopicus, I have the same scope as you have. Great choice! As for finder i too think think the Telrad is rather boxy and ugly but after much deliberation the mountain of positive reviews for it won me over. Now I have it I am glad i did. Really easy to use, i just need some clear sky to really use it properly! :)

FIRST LIGHT!!   :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Assembled the 200p (surprisingly easy) and added the box fresh Baader Skyliner V & mount, and then out onto the patio and into the universe!  

Manually sighted on the gorgeous crescent moon, suitably impressed my wife and 2 year-old son ("moon! moon! moon! BIG MOON!!") and clocked a really crisp jupiter with a beautiful spread of four moons.  Once on my own, I spent about half an hour fiddling with the RDF alignment ( slightly tricksy in the dark, but got it near enough. Refine it tomorrow).

Armed with with my Phillips planisphere I managed to resolve M42 as far as the stock EP's would take me, the double cluster adjacent to cassiopia / perseus, M31, another prolonged moon gaze fiddling with eyepieces and fettling  the RDF and then the clouds rolled in, bed time stories called and there's a bottle of rioja with my name on it somewhere... might try to get out again later, but it's a school night.

Marvellous feeling, just brilliant.  :biggrin:  x

mace

Archived