Hello from Hampshire!!!!!

747pete

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Pete welcome to sgl,  yet another one from hampshire   ( farnborough)   :rolleyes:

And another (Raf Odiham here).... Welcome to SGL Pete!

Small world guys...............2 to 3 miles as the "Chinook" flies!!!!

Thanks for the filter advice,I am going upmto Astrofest to try and sort it out.I have a T ring and adaptor and have in fact machined out the adaptor so it slipped over the eyepieces when using film in the "old" days.I am trying just prime focus but need more back focus.Perhaps I should post up a thread in the Photography section.Still blown over by the replies!

This is a snap I took in Crete last year,quite a tricky site to get to in the dark,over dried up river beds and impressive drops.We did two trips in daylight to get our bearings,amazing night skies.I have reduced the size from 5.8 MB to 800kb so hopefully it will load up.

Right.......second try! The quality/resolution is far better on the original than the Photobucket link.In the original you can see M31.

DSC_1255_zpsafad70f9.jpg

Small world guys...............2 to 3 miles as the "Chinook" flies!!!!

Thanks for the filter advice,I am going upmto Astrofest to try and sort it out.I have a T ring and adaptor and have in fact machined out the adaptor so it slipped over the eyepieces when using film in the "old" days.I am trying just prime focus but need more back focus.Perhaps I should post up a thread in the Photography section.Still blown over by the replies!

Hi from another from Hampshire (Alton) :)

Small world indeed... hmm, anybody think an "SGL: The Hampshire Chapter" would be a good idea?

Small world indeed... hmm, anybody think an "SGL: The Hampshire Chapter" would be a good idea?

I was thinking of going along to this, which is pretty close to me:-

http://www.farnham-as.co.uk/2014/01/stargazing-live-2013-at-frensham-heights/

Not seen any mention of it anywhere else on this site, could be intersting, but might be spoiled a bit by the weather?

Hi Pete - a very warm welcome to The Lounge.

Lovely picture from Crete. I'm thinking of going there for my summer hols this year, probably sneaking a scope and bins in the suitcase again. So might pick your brains about it nearer the time if I may.

I was thinking of going along to this, which is pretty close to me:-

http://www.farnham-as.co.uk/2014/01/stargazing-live-2013-at-frensham-heights/

Not seen any mention of it anywhere else on this site, could be intersting, but might be spoiled a bit by the weather?

ooh, didn't know about that...i'll see how far it is from me and see if the wife and my 8yo daughter want to pop along too...

Hi Pete - a very warm welcome to The Lounge.

Lovely picture from Crete. I'm thinking of going there for my summer hols this year, probably sneaking a scope and bins in the suitcase again. So might pick your brains about it nearer the time if I may.

Thats not a problem Simon.We were self catering and had a local hire car (very cheap)on the South East area of the island,amazing skies and an observatory not far up the road too!

http://www.sasteria.com/

Keep in touch.

Pete

Archived