NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Power

Hi,

Have a search on the equipment section (specifically mounts). I did find this thread which has some forum member views on such devices here, though I am sure other members are using some. 

I did ask FLO about this a while back (still saving for an NEQ6), and they have  MAINS power supply, and also recommended looking at one of the Maplins portable solutions. might be good to drop them a message and ask as well.

Regards

17ah was the size I would need, as stated in the email I got....which the battery you highlighted does supply. Though if its been lying around at work, how good will it hold a charge...? when was it last charged? all things to consider. Might be good for one evening...usual caveats with my response though ;-)

The power requirements are 11 - 15 volts, Batteries give out 12 when there freshly charged when they start to get cold it will drop, if you watch the NEQ6 power light when the mount slews and it flickers its not getting enough volts if you have to use a battery get something that will do the job, people on here can advise on the best type, if you can run mains power even with a 30m lead running the 13.8v outside that the way to go, stable and therefore good tracking and a steady power light on the mount.... 

FLO or Maplins 

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/power/maplins-xm21x-7a-138v-regulated-mains-power-supply.html

Archived