Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CD: JUPITER NASA-VOYAGER SPACE SOUNDS (1990)

Kirscovitch

Quite eerie yet strangely beautiful at the same time.

The recording was made as it reached interstellar space and the sound comes from a dense plume of plasma ejected from the sun which made the recording device on Voyager resonate at various frequencies, 

You can get the whole set of recordings for like 10 bucks from itunes. This may very well be my next "scope" accessory. Could almost put a guy in sensory overload. A nice crisp view of Jupiter or Saturn and the audio to go with it!

Quite eerie yet strangely beautiful at the same time.

The recording was made as it reached interstellar space and the sound comes from a dense plume of plasma ejected from the sun which made the recording device on Voyager resonate at various frequencies, 

If someone had not told me it may as well have been a pink Floyd intro. I can imagine before they get on stage this could well be playing, starting with a bit of David Gilmour guitar intro over the top after a minute or two, beauty :) 

Well I spent the 10 bucks and bought it. It is now on my mp3 player and waiting for the next clear night when I view Jupiter. I usually prefer viewing in silence to music, but this might make the experience better. Listening to Jupiter while looking at it.

Archived