NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at photographing the moon and it's, well, terrible!

I am not quite sure you would want to do it but some members on this site are on a website called flickr i believe? i will post link below. its something you could look into as for uploading your images then put the link to your images beneath your name on this site so people can just click n view them.

http://www.flickr.com/

I created a flickr account the other day, as I saw that's how a lot of people were posting images on here, but when I tried to post a picture from there it wouldn't show up :/  No doubt I was doing something wrong, as I think we've established I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to technology!! :p

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha your story made me laugh (: everyone makes stupid mistakes and your second pic looks awesome! I bet you're excited to start exploring the skies now you're looking through the right end! ;D

I created a flickr account the other day, as I saw that's how a lot of people were posting images on here, but when I tried to post a picture from there it wouldn't show up :/  No doubt I was doing something wrong, as I think we've established I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to technology!! :p

Ahh well never fear you are good to go. Do you or fam/friends know how to copy and paste? like what i did with the flickr web site to create a link? if so go to your flickr page/profile then while still on your profile page copy the address... Then on your stargazing lounge profile go to edit your profile and look for signature, click on that then paste your flickr page into it.. then when you post a topic or comment on peoples post there will be a link directly to your flickr page for all to see..

like below my signature has my name and details of my 1st scope

Hope you understood that.  :grin:  thanks 

Ahh well never fear you are good to go. Do you or fam/friends know how to copy and paste? like what i did with the flickr web site to create a link? if so go to your flickr page/profile then while still on your profile page copy the address... Then on your stargazing lounge profile go to edit your profile and look for signature, click on that then paste your flickr page into it.. then when you post a topic or comment on peoples post there will be a link directly to your flickr page for all to see..

like below my signature has my name and details of my 1st scope

Hope you understood that.  :grin:  thanks 

Thanks, have done that! :)  Just taken a picture of Jupiter, so I'm away to attempt to post it from flickr... wish me luck haha!

Haha, honestly, I must've just been in my own little dream world!  My family had a right laugh at my expense :p

Most of us have done something stupid.

Thursday night, first clear night for ages, started imaging M35, what no stars!!!!

After six exposures.......hmmmm!!

Bahtinov still attached...... :rolleyes:

BTW

Some nights go smooth some you wish you were in doors but thats AP. :cool:

Nadine,

Sorry to chuckle at your expense but your story has put a big smile on my face :)

I'm very pleased you've got past the first hurdle and your first pics look great.

At uni I was on the team running the astronomy society. One year we had a girl turn up the spent the evening complaining because she "didnt realise she'd have to be outside"!

Archived