Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LRGB imaging primer

Freddie, you are right.............when I was trying to Merge the L with the RGB I had not resized the L and my RGB were smaller as they were binned 2x2. When resized I could merge all 4.

When I had the original problem of not seeing the Channel Merge option, my B image was 1 pixel bigger than the R and G.When I resized it to the same size the Channel Merge was available.

Rgds

Ian S.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks, Interesting tutorial.  I have tried Ha RGB with my DSLR. I followed a pixinsight tutorial to process the image.  I found a stage where the RGB data was put slightly out of focus.  I hate the amount of time spent on the RGB part as chances increase that something goes wrong, clouds come, humidity...and leave me with a B&W.  I was actually thinking of increasing the ISO sensitivity of this stage to drastically reduce the exposure time.  Increasing the ISO will make the image more grainy (so I try to use the best compromise between time and senitivity) but if then I soften it anyway and the detail comes from the L channel.  Better spend more time on the L.  I guess that this would be very much like binning without the resize factor.  Another Idea I thought of was to take the L with the Ha filter and then try and take the RGB simmultaneously as the sensor is really a color. Not so sure about this one though, I started getting good colour when I started using LRGB and narrowband.  Probably just a slip of the mind!