Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC405

Velvet

250 mins Ha in 10 minute unguided subs

520 mins Sii in 10 minute unguided subs

380 mins Oiii in 10 minute unguided subs

processed in PS, two images , first one is hubble, second one is true colour.

please dont ask i have no idea what colour it should be

218642cb2d6e51f1c44b7de06b5bfb4a.1824x0_

70d7403093efb695c3cd3be1c84e70dc.1824x0_

Looking good, and with plenty data. Perhaps you HST version could be pushed a bit further.

As for colour anything goes really. The one thing I try to do is have reds greens and blues showing. Don't let the image become dominated by a single colour (usually Ha)

Make sure you see all three colours in the final image.

I wouldn't mind having a go at this myself should you make the data available.

Cheers

Paul

Looking good, and with plenty data. Perhaps you HST version could be pushed a bit further.

As for colour anything goes really. The one thing I try to do is have reds greens and blues showing. Don't let the image become dominated by a single colour (usually Ha)

Make sure you see all three colours in the final image.

I wouldn't mind having a go at this myself should you make the data available.

Cheers

Paul

link to data sent :)

Hi,

Sorry for the silly Q but what is your setup for 10 min. subs unguided?

I can hardly get 2 min at best...

Romi

Ah, you need to look at the mount I have.  Its the GM1000 with absolute encoders,  very geeky clever mount.  It models the sky as you set up so it always knows where it is, even if you switch off and on again.  if your PA is spot on i have managed once 30 minute unguided.  But normally 10 or 15 mins is possible with close PA.

Velvet

I like the sultry look of the Hubble image. I like the second one too, but it isn't looking like RGB as I found it to be. In pure RGB, IC405 is a magenta-red so far as I was able to tell. (With the blue reflection nebula as well, of course.)

Worth mentioning, regarding the mount, that its sky model compensates for the changing refractive index of the sky as an object rises and sets. Just tracking perfectly at sidereal rate isn't enough. And you're using this as a mobile rig, I think? Very impressive.

Olly

I like the sultry look of the Hubble image. I like the second one too, but it isn't looking like RGB as I found it to be. In pure RGB, IC405 is a magenta-red so far as I was able to tell. (With the blue reflection nebula as well, of course.)

Worth mentioning, regarding the mount, that its sky model compensates for the changing refractive index of the sky as an object rises and sets. Just tracking perfectly at sidereal rate isn't enough. And you're using this as a mobile rig, I think? Very impressive.

Olly

yes Olly this is a mobile kit that i take to dark sites we use at EMS.  It is a challenge but the results I am happy with.  on a pier this mount would be awesome.  10 to 15 min subs are really the limit on the mobile set up without taking too much time to set up.

The 30 minute one i got I was just lucky with the PA be absolutely spot on.

My processing skills are not the best yet, i am still learning a lot at the moment :)

Velvet

Archived