Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CPC 800 Case for Transportation

Hi Guys!

Just got myself a CPC 800 which is a great piece of work Kudos to Celestron. But im wondering how do you guys transport your scopes to dark sites. Looking online Celestron charge a cool £500 for a box with some foam in!

I am just wondering about getting a Huge plastic box Drilling a hole each side and putting a metal rod through the base and mounting it on some wheels then covering that with some wood then getting some expanding foam and fill the box up and then cut out the shape of the OTA and forks so its safe when i transport!

Cheap and crude i know but £500 for a box???

Thoughts? Suggestions?

There was a time when I was considering a CPC 925. I believe that Stanley Job Chests - Ebay, are popular for transporting  / storage. The CPC 925 would, I believe, require a 50 gallon version (36" x 22"). Therefore a CPC 800 may require a smaller version. Pad out with foam.

Having said that - the fork mount is I think the same on both models so perhaps the 50 gallon applies.

Archived