Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Five hours on the Rosette

Epicycle

Hi,

surprise, surprise, it was clear last night! Enough to gather 10x30m subs on the Rosette.

Details: Megrez 72 @4.8 with SXVR-H9 and Astrodon 5nm Ha. Guided off axis, processed in Pixinsight.

I might have a go at collecting OIII for this one unless I get distracted with the very attractive IC443...

Comments welcome!

cheers

Epicycle

Small with details: get.jpg

Big: get.jpg

post-25876-0-24826800-1388957119_thumb.j

This is a nice image and it will be interesting to see the contribution of the OIII as this object is rich in it especially in the core region. I currently use WO FRIII on my Megrez 72D but I note that you are using a FRVI (6) - how have you found the 6 to perform generally?

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

wow! that is very nice indeed.Fantastic detail great star shapes and a real 3d feel to it. Are you planning on adding colour to this

Thanks Andy!

This is a nice image and it will be interesting to see the contribution of the OIII as this object is rich in it especially in the core region. I currently use WO FRIII on my Megrez 72D but I note that you are using a FRVI (6) - how have you found the 6 to perform generally?

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Thanks! I am actually quite happy with the reducer 6; in fact it performed quite well even with the big sensor of a canon 1100. I believe it was designed

having the new ZS71 in mind. Changing subjects a little, the focuser of the Megrez seems to be holding the min SX filter wheel, reducer and camera

without issues. Once locked, focus remains pretty much in place during the whole imaging session, so no slipping!

Very lovely indeed, do try and add the O-III to it when you can, and it would also be good to see a colour version :).

Thanks! I'll try the OIII.

What an amazing amout of detail you have captured - excellent!

Thank you!

I am actually quite happy with the reducer 6; in fact it performed quite well even with the big sensor of a canon 1100. I believe it was designed having the new ZS71 in mind.

Thanks for that and the 'ZS71' answers my next question!

Archived