Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C8 bargain!?

No it is not a typing error. As above I think that the quoted asking price is about correct for this model. The Celestar Delux, was around I think between 1996 and 1998. When they do come up they can be in my opinion be a bit of a  bargain. I have a similar model, but not the delux version, costing somewhat less than this at the time I purchased. The Celestron 8 SCT, was still being built in the USA at this time, the optics on mine are excellent. They can be remounted, yet on this mount they do make for a very good 'grab and go'.

The price is about right. Used SCTs are pretty inexpensive, making them, very often, a good buy. The big ones are particularly hard to sell and are the best value. At that price the electronics could peg out but you'd still have a nice OTA and bits. A low risk purchase. No links to any of the images, though, and I would not describe this as a good starter setup for AP, certainly not deep sky. The focal length is too long. For good reasons the standard advice is to start short.

Olly

Archived