Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

typical, my own fault for not checking. #fullmoonholiday

bomberbaz

Off to Fuertaventura for a week on the 11th, Great skies down there, perfect for bins. 

I have just been checking out a few targets for while I am down there and lo and behold, its a full moon week.

So its looking like Jupiter, maybe a few open clusters,  Orion Nebula and erm, oh yes! the Moon, haha

(still, I know where I would rather be )  :grin:

Steve

I have trained my Mrs. to only book holidays during new moon, trouble is she loves the moon so I get to hear about it every night :)

She has got an app on her Android phone called "Moon" which shows the moon phase for any date, no ads, rubbish or permissions and dead easy to use...in fact she found it herself.

It wont ruin my hols guys, I was just a bit miffed when I realised. I was I lanzarote similar time last year and the skies are so fsntasticaly dark, even with a full moon I expect to have some good views of the sky so wont be too disapointed.

!

cheers, Steve

When planning my holiday I specifically looked for when the nearest New Moon was to February (but had to be after 30th Jan), and got the New Moon in March, at least the Moon won't be bugging me :D.

It can be done :rolleyes::evil:

Already done that stuart, there are quite a few but canis majoris clouster is one, hoping I may see some nebulosity with bins and also sculptor galaxy seems a fairly bright target for bins as well. There are also a number of open ckusters to go for but I am taking samsung tablet whuch has stellarium on it so should be able to pick some decent stuff out hopefully.

Yes, good luck Steve. The wind can be a bit harsh there at times so take a jacket (doesn't need to be thick) but if you find a sheltered spot you will be in luck.

Where are you staying? I had a little bit of an issue with light pollution from some tall beach promenade lights but luckily views to the east and south were great (which is what I was after).

I saw Omega Centauri from there last year but that was in May, unfortunately it was quite low on the horizon at the time.

Archived