Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS Dec 29th Repro

Space Cowboy

Here is a repro at full 1.5x drizzle after using PIPP quality selection which allowed me to use smaller APs in AS!2 without suffering cracks. I also used some decon in image analyser after wavelets. I've pushed things a little more than I'd like.

I've also included the original image posted yesterday.

Auto Dob 250 & 3x tv + QHY5L-II c.

00.24 UT Dec 29th 2013,

gallery_4016_230_33015.png

gallery_4016_230_16842.png

Comments and critique always welcome. :smiley:

That's a very good repro Stuart. You have managed to extract some nice extra detail from the polar regions in that top image. Overall processing looks good as well so all in all very nicely done!!

Pete.

That is a really good result, you have revealed much more detail than I would have thought possible from the same data.

Whenever I suffer from cracks with AS!2 I usually fix them by moving my APs in from the edge of the disc, in fact I only seem to suffer the cracks when I am lazy and auto-place the APs.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Pete ideally I'd like the detail to be a little finer but the seeing just wasn't good enough to allow more subtle processing.

Cheers Chris. Forgot to mention the pipp version was also debayered with billinear and this always produces a smoother image than AS!2 debayer and so works well in noisier conditions. I'm always conscious of not over sharpening and bloating the detail. More detail is good but only if it looks natural.

Thanks Richard.

Thanks Brenda!

Cheers Neil I always do a quick run through all the avis to find the pick of the litter and then go to town on the chosen one. :smiley:  Just seen Danian's image from this night, it makes mine look like a fuzzy blob lol

Yep I totally agree Neil re the bottom image. Hopefully under better conditions I can get the fine detail with more pop.

Archived