Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First year of astrophotography!

tobblerone

So this was the year that I decided that it was finally time to act on the love of space and photography that I have. Ordered myself a telescope and after taking 25 sek unguided images of the Orion nebula it didnt take long before I ordered more stuff the get guiding capability! First time I tried that out was on a cold winter night with the full moon that shined so bright on the snow covered landscape that it you could have thought the sun was on the way up.. The results that night wasnt that satisfying of course but it felt good just to have taken that first step!

Sadly I havent had time to image as much as I could have hoped for but I felt like sharing those that came out somewhat pleasing. My nights out are far from smooth and I make many mistakes, plus that my photoshop skills where non existent before this year, but I feel like I've learned a lot. Many thanks to that comes from this wonderful site so thank you all! 

All images are captured with my 1000D on a WO GTF81/HEQ5.

M81 & 82. This was my second go ever at guided imaging and what a feeling it was to see that first image!

get.jpg

M45

get.jpg

M31
get.jpg

M101
get.jpg

Hoping for a lot of clear nights this coming year. 
Happy new year to you all! And thanks for all the help and inspiration this place have given me  :)

• 1 month later...

Archived