Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Home build observatory

Garethr

I would have like to have built something similar to this but access to one side is impossible as its tight to the greenhouse. 

As we are planning on moving in the not too distant future this build has been a sort of prototype for the future MKII Obsy :)

Look like I may also be getting my wish for some wet weather to check all is watertight, Forecast this morning is for a lively spell of wind and rain tonight. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after another busy day yesterday the last parts of the build were finished off, vinyl laid in scope room floor and carpet in warm room. I then purchased a side board type unit for the scope room to hold all the goodies :) Still have the electrics to sort out and someone is booked to come round when I'm off in Nov. fitted scope and powered up last night for the fun of it and now realise how much work still to do to get everything working all at once :( still 2 weeks off work should sort it. Will post some pics later showing the spaghetti draped all, over the pier as yet to carry out a cable management exercise until all is checked and working.

A few pics added to show progress, Warm room with a clear desk :) the sideboard/ writing desk which stores all the bits and bobs handily painted black. And a pic of the pier with scope mounted and spaghetti below. Hoping for a first light tonightpost-32109-0-83781200-1414350798_thumb.jpost-32109-0-04651600-1414350822_thumb.jpost-32109-0-53493000-1414350843_thumb.j

So after a very trying First Light where everythying decided it didnt want to work, managed a few basic images.

This seems a good place to end the thread and thanks to all who have contributed and given ideas and thoughts its been a great help.

Probably have to start a new thread now called "How the heck do you get it all to work"  :)

Again thanks for all the positive comments and feedback.

Archived