Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation 10 inch Dobsonian reviews?

Hi All

I'm looking to replace my current scope and am looking at the Revelation 10 inch Dobsonian..

Does anyone have one of these or could let me know if they are any good?

Looking for info on build quality and general info on if it's worth the money?

Thanks

Mike

I have the GSO 10", which is the same scope I believe. I love it. The alt and az motion is like butter. The focuser takes my big ES 100* EPs no problem. No problem so far. Some say the primary springs are too weak and don't hold Collimation well. They are small, and only last week replaced the springs, but have to say up to that point they held Collimation fine. I bring it out of the garage on a sack truck and it only needed minor tweaks of the primary. I have a 16" LB and find the 10" comes out more often. I love my trusty 16" but the GSO can be out and running in minutes and back in when the clouds arrive in minutes. Love it. Can't compare to the SW ones but can't imagine how much better they are. The GSO has a primary fan and a dual speed focuser, which the SW doesn't, I believe.

Barry

The GSO/ Revelation have roller bearings, mmmmmmmmmm

Is that the Bernard Mathews seal if approval Bart ?

Thanks for the reply .

Barry

Oh aarrh, blooming smooth. I like those rollers. Can't say I've used a Dob with Teflon only bearings though.

Barry

Hi,

I am in a similar position....... I am unsure whether to buy a 8" Altair Ritchey Chretien scope or a Skywatcher  Newtonian 190 MN both on an NEQ6 mount. I want it for both planetary visualisation and deep space imaging imaging. Looking at the write yes and reviews it looks like the RC is coming out on top, Please could anybody advise me?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi,

I am in a similar position....... I am unsure whether to buy a 8" Altair Ritchey Chretien scope or a Skywatcher  Newtonian 190 MN both on an NEQ6 mount. I want it for both planetary visualisation and deep space imaging imaging. Looking at the write yes and reviews it looks like the RC is coming out on top, Please could anybody advise me?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum !

The scopes you are considering are completely different from the subject of this thread so could you start a new thread to get advice on your decision otherwise this one could divert into a discussion on Mak-newtonian v's RC which is a different topic altogether.

Hope thats OK  :smiley:

Archived