NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help request

Hi folks,

I'm the author of the Stellarium User Guide for the free/open source Astronomy software, Stellarium.  It started out as a simple howto, and has since grown into a small introductory astronomy book via the ever-expanding appendix section! The guide is still under development, and I need a little help to complete it:

1.  Proof reading - it's hopeless trying to proof read my own text, and it'd be really good to get more pairs of eyes on the guide to find errors and omissions.

2. It's be really great to take some contributions - some sections could do with some more content:  A nice looking H-R diagram; observational guide to the planets; Southern hemisphere skyguide.

The document is released under the GNU FDL license, which basically means anyone is free to use it, edit it etc, so long as they release their own versions in an editable form with the FDL as the license.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Matthew Gates <matthew@porpoisehead.net>

Have downloaded and will try and read over the next couple of days.

Will email you once I've done

Welcome to the Forum BTW, Mat - we'd welcome any input from yourself as well!

Cheers

Thanks for the greetings, I look forward to your feedback.

By the way, is there anyone up in Northumberland who frequents the site? I was going to go and meet the Northumberland Astronomical Society, but I chickened out at the last minute in December , and I'm not around again until February.

• 1 month later...

Hi and a belated welcome to the forum from me I have used the stellerium program a lot over last 18 months I guess

as its mid to late feb wondered if you have any more comments you may wish to add to your post ref that you were back up northumberland parts around now

Regards

Hi Matthew,

I will read the Book aswell and let you know if i find anything you could add or maybe take out?..

Stellarium excellent programme that i have it installed on my computer :laugh:

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the Lounge[/glow]

James

• 2 months later...

Archived