NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

So clear.

rory

Just off to bed and my mrs called me to the window to look at the night sky . Now bear in mind she has no interest in astronomy what so ever. , so I knew there was something worth seeing. . Wow Orion constellation is directly in front of my bedroom window and I can't recall it looking so clear from my home town location . Absolutely superb . Why so clear I don't know , perhaps this stormy weather has cleared the way or something , it's fantastic.

Hope some of you have similar skies over the festive period and not to much of the wet stuff !

Merry Christmas to all of you .

Yup I noticed the lovely clear sky while we were bringing the presents in from the garage. Absolutely NO chance of getting the scope out tonight though as I'm firmly on Santa duty. I have to admit though, this is one night of the year when I'm very happy to not stress over clear skies. The excitement in my two boys is priceless. Roll on the morning :D

A very very merry Christmas to you all xXx

Well giot up at 6,45 to put turkey in oven and the skies are awesome. Quick two mins on moon and jupiter with bins, 2 mins all I can manage in dressing gown then back inside. Wish I had been dressed and would have got tge gag scope out,

atb for Christmas

Steve

Awoke to crystal clear skies after a night of downpours , just got time to bung a bit of cow in the oven , have a quick bath , make a few calls then it's a nice quiet , peaceful session imaging the Sun ... :laugh: 

I lose sight of him around 14:00 , so that'll be lunch around 15:00 then .... perfect ...  :grin:

Have a good'un folks ...  :smiley:

I was out about 1:30 in the morning. It actually seemed damp and a bit hazy to me, not as good as a few nights ago. M42 looked a bit less extensive too. But then I did tick off two more on the Messier list(43 and 78) in the little Skywatcher, so it can't have been that bad.

Archived