Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

11.5 minutes of data on M31

lensman57

Hi,

If this god awful weather lasts much longer I may sell the whole set up. Last night all looked good at about 6 pm so I decided to test the new 0.6 FF/FR with my WO ZS 71 and target M31. I knew that I would be pushing the already fast , F5.9, doublet beyond reasonable limits @ F3.5 but so what. First the power to the HEQ5 was lost after alignment then the mount started to play up as if the gears were not engaging the motors then to top it up the Atik 428 would not communicate with NEB3 or Artemis capture. After a couple of reboots it all started working but it wasted about an hour of imaging time.

I then set the atik for 25 exposures of 30s for the core and 25 of 300s for the main capture. after about half hour my wife shouted to me to have a look outside. Well it had clouded over and the wind was now gusting. Just packed the whole thing up and came in. This image is the result of 23 subs 30s that is supposed to be for the core but I have pushed it beyond reason to get something out at the espense of noise ofcourse. Well anything is better than nothing. 

The HEQ5 needs to be seen to though as I did not like what iwas doing.

WO ZS71 @ F3.5, Atik 428 EXC, Idas P2 . 23 subs of 30s with Bias but no flats or darks and a  very unhappy HEQ5 Pro.Processed in PixinSight and PS. And sorry for posting jpeg.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-74524100-1387850368_thumb.j

The Gods really are against us at the moment, so you've done fantastically well to get any frames exposed at all! Not a bad result either, for such little data. Some nights the gremlins get into everything, at least it wasn't on a night of perfect conditions...

Have a great Christmas and let's all offer sacrifices to The Gods to ensure that the weather turns soon and we can all get imaging properly again... Though with all the Christmas new equipment going on across the country, we can expect a load more cloud for the foreseeable.........!

Archived