Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

fed up now !

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry fellas, Must get my specs upgraded.

How does the lens cap fit on this. Does it go over the lens cell inside anti dew shield, or does it go over the shield.

And does the lens cover have a small aperture stop bung in it. Just wondering if all Saker is removing is the small cap.

I know it sounds ludicrous, but I have seen this happen before. And I apologize Saker, I am not insulting your intelligence here. just looking at another possibility.

Ron.

Lo saker

Have You ever thought of a trip to your local Astronomical society at the Wildfowl Trust Washington. Sunderland Astronomical Society meets there on a Sunday night and the second Sunday of every month is a workshop night. :rolleyes: < http://www.sunderlandastro.com/index.html > I'm sure we could sort out whatever problem is stopping your viewing pleasure. :?

Ps. I live about a mile up the road from You. :D

Lo saker

Have You ever thought of a trip to your local Astronomical society at the Wildfowl Trust Washington. Sunderland Astronomical Society meets there on a Sunday night and the second Sunday of every month is a workshop night. :rolleyes: < http://www.sunderlandastro.com/index.html > I'm sure we could sort out whatever problem is stopping your viewing pleasure. :?

arr brill so where abouts you from then i live next to the Sunderland Echo factory,

Just to say that I have an SLT102 in Durham, and I use Newcastle as the location in the Sky Align setup without any problem. It works nearly all the time, provided the mount is level (according to the inbuilt bubble-level thing), in the sense that objects appear somewhere in the field of the 25mm eyepiece. They would often not appear in the smaller FOV of the 9mm however. I did manage to get an alignment match last night which then failed to point at M42 - I just powered off, made sure the mount was nearer level, tried three different stars and this time it worked. I do use a reticule eyepiece to centre the three alignment stars mind you - I believe that the GOTO accuracy is very dependent on how well you centre up these stars.

Try M45 (the Pleiades) as a target - this will be visible in the red dot finder even if you miss with the GOTO. And note that you need a reasonably unobstructed view to the south to see M42 - it only just rises above my house from my back garden!

BTW if you have a green halo around your bright stars then you are not quite in focus - this halo changes from green to red as you pass through focus and should dissappear when you are spot on.

I am sure my friends at SAS wil sort you out though!

NigelM

Lo saker

arr brill so where abouts you from then i live next to the Sunderland Echo factory,

Lo saker

I live just along the road at Hastings Hill :shock:

Just to say that I have an SLT102 in Durham, and I use Newcastle as the location in the Sky Align setup without any problem. It works nearly all the time, provided the mount is level (according to the inbuilt bubble-level thing), in the sense that objects appear somewhere in the field of the 25mm eyepiece. They would often not appear in the smaller FOV of the 9mm however. I did manage to get an alignment match last night which then failed to point at M42 - I just powered off, made sure the mount was nearer level, tried three different stars and this time it worked. I do use a reticule eyepiece to centre the three alignment stars mind you - I believe that the GOTO accuracy is very dependent on how well you centre up these stars.

Try M45 (the Pleiades) as a target - this will be visible in the red dot finder even if you miss with the GOTO. And note that you need a reasonably unobstructed view to the south to see M42 - it only just rises above my house from my back garden!

BTW if you have a green halo around your bright stars then you are not quite in focus - this halo changes from green to red as you pass through focus and should dissappear when you are spot on.

I am sure my friends at SAS wil sort you out though!

NigelM

Lo Nigel

Didn't know You were a member on here. Very informative website, it is well worth a read everyone :D

Lo saker

Lo saker

I live just along the road at Hastings Hill :shock:

right so i really hope you can give me a hand. ill pm you later

yes i have can see stars when looked at ! i have played about with the focus and i have figured that out,

now this is what i put in my scope remote thing tonight hope you can follow this,

LON, 001,26,46,W

(then)

LAT 54,53,53,N

(then)

time,19,53,00 ( obiviously this was the time then)

(then)

daylight saveings

(then)

universal time

(then)

date 01/10/08 "and yes i do know that the moth was entered first as this is how it wanted it entered"

(then)

i pointed the scope at three diffrent stars waited about 30 secs got "match confirmed" and tryed to view but got nowt but a blank canvas !

If you aligned successfully using the 3 star align, you MUST have been able to see those 3 stars in the EP. Is it when you then GOTO xxx that you are not seeing anything? If so, maybe the alignment is off and it's pointing you to an empty bit of sky or the xxx is just to dim to see. What EP are you using? Try aligning with your biggest EP and once aligned, just slew the thing around manually - slowly, at rate 6 or less. If you can see your alignment stars and they are in focus, you should see loads of stars whizzing through the field of view.

Once you've sorted out your problem, try Auto Two Star Align. I find it a lot quicker and more accurate than Skyalign.

Good luck mate.

Archived