SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Discount at FLO. How ?

buzzc150

Think it ceased some time ago.

Sure I read of it, believe it simply became unviable for them to do it.

If it is something significant you want and are willing to wait then try the occasional astronomy show that appears, next is Astrofest at Kensington I believe, and there are occasionally reductions on items there, not sure what however. You would have to check before hand and also hope that between now and Feb the prices do not rise.

There just is not the turnover in astro kit for it to be an option for retailers.

FLO's prices tend to be the keenest available anyway, and when you back that up with the fact that they are a bona fide company, trading from proper premises (not a bedroom/garage :p), and have proper staff, and stock, and healthy company accounts (it's not all rosy out there for a lot of well known astro dealers - caveat emptor!) then you have the assurance of buying quality products from a quality retailer with a proven track record. Personally that is worth more to me than a token discount from a lesser company.

Cheers

Tim

I have on occasions found products cheaper at other retailers, upon contacting, FLO have always as a minimum matched the price.

On top of this you will also receive first class customer services.

Having had one narrow escape and one disaster I'm very careful in choosing suppliers. Tim's point about garages is a good one. Don't be fooled by the size of the website or the plethora of own brand products.

I didn't hesitate for a moment in ordering an EQ8 from FLO. They are properly organized, generous to a fault in terms of returns policy, and pleasant to deal with. There are only two other dealers on my routine list.

Olly

I mentioned (half jokingly) prices increasing before any show and have just read on CN that ES plan a price increase on Jan 1st.

Worrying factor is that the report states a "significant" increase.

Similar report on astronomyforum.

FLO don't do ES items (well I think they don't) so anyone wanting a big ES purchase make the decidion soon.

Archived