Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and GRS on 10th Dec

Barv

Hi Guys.

I'm fairly new on here so thought I'd post something. Image was taken with an Intes Micro 8" Mak newt at F15 using a ZWO120MC camera. Best of 5 runs that evening. Hope you like it?

Thanks for looking. :smiley: post-32779-0-39654800-1386959603.jpg

Hi Barv have you heard of winjupos ? I did video de rotation. 3 min red 3min green and 3 mins blue. After doing the derotation  they was combined in winjupos

How long are you capturing for ? how many frames stacked ? With some learning looks like you will get some nice images. Good early attempt

Hi Barv have you heard of winjupos ? I did video de rotation. 3 min red 3min green and 3 mins blue. After doing the derotation  they was combined in winjupos

How long are you capturing for ? how many frames stacked ? With some learning looks like you will get some nice images. Good early attempt

Hi Neil.

The capture was for 2min 47 seconds at 112fps. Works out around 18500 frames.I used AS2 for the alignment so unsure of how many frames in the final image. I have winjupos on the pc but not used it. I guess if I did longer captures and maybe lowered the gain settings and de-rotated in Winjupos it would help? Tell you the truth, learning that program looks a bit daunting! Is there a limit to how long the capture should be Neil?

Regards

Harvey

Hi Neil.

The capture was for 2min 47 seconds at 112fps. Works out around 18500 frames.I used AS2 for the alignment so unsure of how many frames in the final image. I have winjupos on the pc but not used it. I guess if I did longer captures and maybe lowered the gain settings and de-rotated in Winjupos it would help? Tell you the truth, learning that program looks a bit daunting! Is there a limit to how long the capture should be Neil?

Regards

Harvey

Yes there is a limit. though to be honest I am not sure what that is for video de rotation. Your using a colour camera so its not something I have  used with winjupos You don't need to use video de rotation.  I hope space cowboy will be along,  he has used colour cameras with winjupos, so will likely know more than me.

Plus hes using the same sensor. Your major problem with the image is noise. So obviously any way of reducing that is going to help a lot. It looks to me like either the frames are noisy or your not stacking as many as you think. or your histogram is very low.  If you look under number of frames to stack on AS/2  under stack options you can manually put the number of frames you want to stack in. There will be a way around this problem. Just wait for some of the guys that know about colour cameras, and winjupos and zwo  to come along I am sure they will help better than my understanding. I use mono and a different camera Barv

Yes there is a limit. though to be honest I am not sure what that is for video de rotation. Your using a colour camera so its not something I have  used with winjupos You don't need to use video de rotation.  I hope space cowboy will be along,  he has used colour cameras with winjupos, so will likely know more than me.

Plus hes using the same sensor. Your major problem with the image is noise. So obviously any way of reducing that is going to help a lot. It looks to me like either the frames are noisy or your not stacking as many as you think. or your histogram is very low.  If you look under number of frames to stack on AS/2  under stack options you can manually put the number of frames you want to stack in. There will be a way around this problem. Just wait for some of the guys that know about colour cameras, and winjupos and zwo  to come along I am sure they will help better than my understanding. I use mono and a different camera Barv

OK Neil, many thanks for all of your help. I'll wait for some other comments.

Very promising Harvey!

As Neil says noise is the main issue here and thats easy to fix. You want to be stacking about 5000 frames judging by the size of your capture and if the image is still noisy then it could be camera settings i.e excessive gain and/or too dark an image. Make sure the capture histogram is at least 60-70% full.

De-rotation of stacked images is what I use with my colour cam. So if you've captured several avis in a 10-15 min period these can be stacked and then combined into one image in winjupos. Personally I find de-rotation of avis a lot of pain for very little gain as its very time consuming where as de-rotation of images takes seconds.

Very promising Harvey!

As Neil says noise is the main issue here and thats easy to fix. You want to be stacking about 5000 frames judging by the size of your capture and if the image is still noisy then it could be camera settings i.e excessive gain and/or too dark an image. Make sure the capture histogram is at least 60-70% full.

De-rotation of stacked images is what I use with my colour cam. So if you've captured several avis in a 10-15 min period these can be stacked and then combined into one image in winjupos. Personally I find de-rotation of avis a lot of pain for very little gain as its very time consuming where as de-rotation of images takes seconds.

Many thanks for all of this Stuart. It is indeed very clear and helpful. I will take notice of your advice and hopefully things will improve somewhat. 

Regards Harvey

Great pic - gives me an incentive on my new EdgeHD and slurps ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bosuser. You should get similar with the Edge 11HD. As you know I have the same scope but prefer the 8" Intes for the brighter planetary stuff because it visually appears marginally sharper, mainly due to the reduced central obstruction.

Archived