Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet Of The Century, a Horizon Special on BBC2 now... Awkward

DeepThought

I missed it first time round but i'm watching it now in the background. It's still quite interesting talking about comets in general, formation of solar system etc. I just already know what the end is going to be though. Ah well.

No doubt the showing was more about trying to keep those at bay that see their being a real lack of science on TV these days. The general public don't really know any different one way or the other, science accuracy doesn't come into it when it involves the media, and it's as cheap as can be to show out dated repeats.

Sounds like it's a decent enough programme marred by a silly title. Even before ISON's fate was known, failing to at least add a question mark was actively misleading.

I have recently found myself equating the "Comet of the century" label to the "barbecue summer" prediction of 2009.

Archived