Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fine focus for SkyMax 150

Any advice as to the best way to improve the focussing on a black tube SkyWatcher Mak 150. It's far too tricky focussing at high magnification (200x) - not because of image shift, but just seem to need a fine focus option. I've also got a ZenithStar 80 with dual speed focusser and this works a treat.

I've been looking at some sort of electric focus mechanism, or a retro fit crayford/ r&p focusser, but I've read somewhere that these scopes don't use a standard SCT visual back.

Any other views?

Worth checking with a supplier as I believe that SW have changed the threads yet again in order to allow standard SCT focusers to fit.

I had to get an adaptor from "Astrotec" for the Mak180Pro and used the Revelation SCT DS focuser , worth the outlay without doubt.

how about using a plastic bottle cap cut to fit over focus shaft, this helps to give more fine control for no outlay, i had the same crayford set up as Steve, but cutting back on some astro gear due to house move so i will be going over to the bottle top focus method

Archived