Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

telescope for dslr astrophotography ????

Neo_uk

hi Folks !.

Need a little advice if i may. :scratch:

I'm looking to set up telescope for imaging with a canon 300d SLR at prime focus.

Was looking along refractor lines maybe ? mounted on my heq5.i have looked on Flo at a number of scopes originally my next scope was going to be the skymax 127mm but have been reading about the APO refractors and how good they are for astrophotography.

Whats confusing me is the apertures of the scopes are really small compared to my explorer 200mm and I'm a bit apprehensive at spending money on a small aperture scope with a big name that i wont get results with.In the running are the wo 66 , wo 72 , skywatcher equinox <(does this one qualify for sgl discount on Flo ?).

any advise would be warmly accepted !!!!.

(if anyones got one of the above or simular second hand at resonable price let me know)

many thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

I use a Canon 350D for imaging; the scopes I use are the Skywatcher 250 and the Equinox 80APO they both perform well.

These images were taken with these scopes, I have not been imaging for very long but these scopes are capable of very good results, have a look at this site http://home.btconnect.com/astro-site/

Steve started with a Canon 300D and still uses the same 250 Explorer with his CCD camera. If you look at his Deep Sky section and scroll down the page you can see his progress from when he started with the 300D and then moved on to the CCD.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,

Roy

imageforwebsiteM42M43.jpg

The-Orion-Nebula.jpg

The WO66SD and 80mm APO's are excellent for widefield imaging just take a look at the result that people like JCM are getting with a Canon DSLR

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,21157.0.html

Heres a pic taken on my 80mm Antares scope with Williams Optics Fluorite Doublet lens upgrade and Canon 400D (unmodified).

2850_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

hi guys

thanks for the reply wow those pictures are superb !!!!!.

ive just had a play with my helios 102 refractor and i noticed your pictures are closer than i can achive at prime focus have you used a barlow and filters on those images ?????

chris.

hi guys

ive just had a play with my helios 102 refractor and i noticed your pictures are closer than i can achive at prime focus have you used a barlow and filters on those images ?????

chris.

I used a 0.8x focal reducer to get enough field of view to image Orions Sword. Im surprised that you are getting a much wider field of view with a Helios 102mm. If it is the Startravel version its F5 and my scope is F5.5 with the focal reducer.

Regards

Kevin

hi guys

chris.

Chris, my images were taken at prime focus with no focal reducer or barlow, and also I have not used any filters.

The pictures below show I attach my Canon 350D to my 10” Skywatcher reflector.

Regards,

Roy

Prime-focus.jpg

thanks again for the reply and images !!!.

i connected my 300d to the helios 102mm st f.5 refractor using the cannon t ring and 2" eye piece convertor at prime focus had to rack right out (nearly racked out to far and tube nearly fell out ! ) to achive focus i took a few shots not tracking to as a initial play.As for me asking "how do you get a closer image" the reason i asked was this picture below.As you can see the feild of view is quite large is this just the scope ?? but would probably have to use a barlow to get closer images ?? this was a 6 second exposure at iso 1600.

regards chris

post-14104-133877335669_thumb.jpg

Archived