Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

relelation astro 12 inch dob

hiya all,im thinking of getting a new revelation 12 inch dob after xmas as an upgrade from my astromaster 130.i was wondering what experiences people have had with them and their reliability,ive heard alot about mirror coating(or lack of) breakdown on the older models but this will be brand new one so this should of been addressed by now.im not to fussed about portability as this scope will live in my obsy so a solid tube wont be a problem for me,im only going for this brand as i dont have very much money and im still going to have to save a bit more to add to my xmas and birthday money from my parents.i believe they are a solid tube version of a meade lightbidge as they have the same optics and mounts.ive also found a 10 inch lightbridge going cheaper than the 12 inch revelation.ant info would b e great ta 

Hi, I have just got a revelation 12" dob and I can say that I think its brill. I also read about the problems and have already updated the mirror springs, but from my short time of having it i think its a brill scope for the money. 

Archived