Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bolt size?

Okeydokey

I would like to replace two bolts that secure my OTA rings to the mount via rings, the bolts say SM 48 on them, I am trying to source 'wing' bolt variations.  Anyone go any ideas?  I can't even find SM 48 as a point of reference except a pop group :(

Thanks

M48 bolt??? I hardly believe that.any metric bolt is equivalent to diameter in millimetres.So in your case M48 is 48mm! that is just one huge bolt.

Take your bolt from the OTA ring and measure it with calliper or with any ruler and see what is the diameter.i would guess it is going to be either M6 or M8 bolt at the max. So if your bolt has diameter of 6mm then it is M6,if  dia is 5mm then its M5 and so on. Then measure the length of the bolt until the cup and you will get the length required,so if the length reads for example 40mm and diameter of the bolt was 6mm,then you need an M6x40 bolt.same goes for thumbscrew or wingscrew.

Archived