Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First look at the night sky.

Hi folks, got my first look at the night sky tonight, with my new/1st scope (Sky-Watcher Mercury 705) and was quite surprised that I managed to find and see Jupiter and its moons. Also had a quick look at Betelgeuse and Mizer before the wind and cold got the better of me. Could just make out some banding on Jupiter, here's hoping the wind dies down and the skies stay clear for another longer session tomorrow. Was using the eye pieces that came with the scope, have sent away for a 2x Barlow so hopefully it will make a difference.

Cheers, feeling pleased with myself :o)

Hi WaveSoarer, wasn't too bad here, winds only reached gusts of 77mph ;0) just a normal breezy day for us. Good thing is we have lovely clear skies, at the moment, but bitterly cold with quite a stiff northerly wind.

Hi. I am a new stargazer and I started using my telescope a few weeks ago. The first night I saw the Moon and the next day I could see Jupiter and 4 of its moons. It was quite amazing. My telescope is a modest Celeston 127eq.

I started a couple months ago, it gets more fun each time. I am getting better at finding things, getting the hang of using a red dot finder. Was out tonight freezing cold here in MInnesota. About five degrees!  Going back out in a little bit to try and find M37, a neat little cluster from what I hear. My scope is only 114 mm but gives me hours of fun and great views.

Gary

Archived