Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New scope just ordered

JonnyK

Well I've been a very lucky boy the past few weeks, firstly the wife one me a charity auction for a night satrgazing with Mark Thompson from star gazing live!Which got me thinking...it's time for a new scope. So off with the old (just sold my old C8, too heavy and time consuming for me to set up) and ordered an 8se :grin: . FLO said they're out of stock but will only delay by a few days. My first scope was a 127 mak which was brilliant loved the goto for ease, so hopefully this will have all the optical muscle with the speed and ease of a goto system I love.

Trouble I have is I can't see Polaris from my back garden so wanted another Alt/azi goto mount, I don't think the wife would of been too impressed with the cpc 9.25 price tag!I would just like to point out the increadable customer service from Martin at FLO, first class!Second time I've bought a scope from there and would highly recommend them.

Just received the 8SE (very well packaged up!) and the the first thing that has surprised me is the weight of the mount, it feels rock solid. And the the OTA is much lighter then I thought it would be, it feels similar to my old 127 mak.  I can see the mount will have no issues with the ota plus any camera gear I may add at a later date. Sods law it's cloudy at the mo but hoping for a break later on and try for Jupiter.

Trouble I have is I can't see Polaris from my back garden so wanted another Alt/azi goto mount, I don't think the wife would of been too impressed with the cpc 9.25 price tag!I would just like to point out the increadable customer service from Martin at FLO, first class!Second time I've bought a scope from there and would highly recommend them.

The 9.25 also has the option of a fork mount with goto :shocked:

It looks lovely in the flesh, really can't wait to try it out. I was emailing Martin from FLO to see if they had any in stock on Thursday, which they hadn't but a few hours later I received a call from him saying they had just received 2 so would I like it tomorrow (Friday)how's that for service!I bought the power cord (12v cigarette) and an astrozap dew shield, unsure if I will need a heater or not yet?Next thing on the list will be some eyepieces for it.

It looks lovely in the flesh, really can't wait to try it out. I was emailing Martin from FLO to see if they had any in stock on Thursday, which they hadn't but a few hours later I received a call from him saying they had just received 2 so would I like it tomorrow (Friday)how's that for service!I bought the power cord (12v cigarette) and an astrozap dew shield, unsure if I will need a heater or not yet?Next thing on the list will be some eyepieces for it.

you will deffo need optics heaters, congrats by the way

Archived