NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

cheap obsy

Seafury

Hi all this is probably not worthy of posting here,however, I have just bought a 2mX2M pop up gazebo with the thought that it might keep some of the wind and cold off me, the scope and I will be under cover with just the end of the scope poking out, it should keep most of the dew off the scope and bits and me and also help to cut some of the surrounding lights out and most important keep prying neighbours eyes off me and it is light enough to move round as needed

cheers Gordon (waiting for the flak)post-23291-0-01337900-1386090554_thumb.j

Thats a pretty good idea for a shelter. Would quite call it an obsy but that will be great to take to dark sites or even in your back yard. Though do be careful if it gets windy. Make sure to stake it down good. They don't hold up well when it gets really windy out so make sure not to keep anything in it over night. The wind can drive the rain up the side and under the canpoy and get inside. I had one similar for camping and thats what happened one summer storm while camping. Ruined half the food as we slept. The bread was very mushy when we woke up. Anyways for keeping the cold and wind off you it should work great.

will let you know assumimg we ever get another clear night

Great idea and don't be so modest - I think many garden shelters and gazebos can be pressed into service. Awhile back I demoed a £15 Tesco plastic covered greenhouse as an obsy :-)

Archived