NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Diagonal Optical Lenght

Earl

More, definitely.  I think, but I'm far from certain, that you're probably looking at 90mm to 100mm for a 2" diagonal.

Could you make up a bit of cardboard tube to hold the camera to get the length as close to right as possible?

James

I've got the measurement for the light path through a 2" William Optics diagonal - it's 156mm from the end of the 2" barrel to the top of the 1.25" - 2" adapter. Here is a little diagram that I found when I was researching how to use a Chromacor CA corrector:

post-118-0-66739900-1385834862_thumb.jpg

I've got the measurement for the light path through a 2" William Optics diagonal - it's 156mm from the end of the 2" barrel to the top of the 1.25" - 2" adapter. Here is a little diagram that I found when I was researching how to use a Chromacor CA corrector:

I've always assumed that the bit that fits inside the focuser tube doesn't count, on the grounds that it isn't adding anything to the optical path.

James

I've always assumed that the bit that fits inside the focuser tube doesn't count, on the grounds that it isn't adding anything to the optical path.

James

I think in the photo something s been threaded into the filter thread on the push fit adapter.

James

I'd agree James but this diagram was to help sort out the positioning of the Chromacor which needs to be at a precise position down the optical train to work at its best. It was the only info I had quickly to hand.

Archived