Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It was clear last night, at last

lensman57

Hi To All,

When I got home last night after a 14 hour shift at work, I found the sky clear, though tired and achy from a long shift I decided to get the scope out. I did not even bother to polar align properly as it was already past 11.45 pm. I aimed the scope to IC434 and set the 428 ex to take 18 subs of 600s each. Four of the subs were useless as there were some really thin, fast moving low clouds around. The result is a stack of 14 subs, DSS, PI and PS. my processing skills with PI is really poor so the result is not exactly brilliant and it is very noisy for reason but atleast I managed to get something . HEQ5 pro, Ascension 80 mm Apo Triplet @ F5.8 and Atik 428 EX  with IDAS P2. This is really not in the same league as Olly or Peter Shah's captures but here it goes anyway.

post-28808-0-17005600-1385817833_thumb.p

Hi To All,

When I got home last night after a 14 hour shift at work, I found the sky clear, though tired and achy from a long shift I decided to get the scope out. I did not even bother to polar align properly as it was already past 11.45 pm. I aimed the scope to IC434 and set the 428 ex to take 18 subs of 600s each. Four of the subs were useless as there were some really thin, fast moving low clouds around. The result is a stack of 14 subs, DSS, PI and PS. my processing skills with PI is really poor so the result is not exactly brilliant and it is very noisy for reason but atleast I managed to get something . HEQ5 pro, Ascension 80 mm Apo Triplet @ F5.8 and Atik 428 EX  with IDAS P2. This is really not in the same league as Olly or Peter Shah's captures but here it goes anyway.

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words, I am going to reprocess the data once this  weekend of work is over, perhaps on Monday, meanwhile here is a link to the data.

https://www.dropbox.com/home#!/home/IC%20434

Regards,

A.G

Quick polar alignment and 10 mins subs?? And here i was thinking patience was the key to accurate polar alignment, seems i need to learn this quick method ;)  Nice image.

You are all too kind, I conveneintly forgot to mention a few shots of the 12 year old Glenlivet that I had to have, always helps.

Regards and clear skies to you all,

A.G

Beautiful mate :)

Still waiting on clear skies here.  Not one clear night since i bought my new scope over a week ago.

My mrs is very interested in the Horsehead Nebula as she is obcessed with horses lol.  Ill show this to her when she i home from work.

Wishing you more clear skies.

Lee

Agree with above, 2nd attempt at processing is much better.

Thanks Stuart,

I just can't get on with PI processing. I find the noise reduction and sharpening routines very over complicated and cumbersome or I may just be showing my age now.

Regards,

A.G

Archived